1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
In compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, we wish to give you notice that your Personal Data will be collected, recorded, held, stored and processed by us, Tan Chap & Associates, including our employees, to be utilized and dealt with in accordance and in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
2. PURPOSE OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We may use and process your Personal Data for purposes which may include, without limitation:
- for and/or in connection with the conduct of business and provision of services in the capacity of an advocate and solicitor, commissioner for oaths, notary public and other similar capacity;
- for and/or in connection with complying with laws and regulations including requirements of any government or quasi-government or regulatory authorities or court of law;
- for verification of identity and credit standing;
- for maintaining proper administration and record keeping of all matters in which we act on your behalf.
3. NATURE OF PERSONAL DATA
The personal data includes but not limited to the following information:-
- name, job title and company name;
- age, gender, date of birth, national registration identity card number, passport number;
- race, ethnic origin, nationality;
- contact information including address, email address and phone number;
- marital status, details of children, income range, employer; and
- income tax details and bank account details.
4. IMPACT AS A RESULT OF FAILURE TO SUPPLY PERSONAL DATA
Please note that in the event your Personal Data is not supplied or is insufficiently supplied to us, your instructions may not be accepted.
Please further note that if you withdraw your consent or restrict the purposes and methods in which we may process your Personal Data, we may not be able to continue to act on your instructions.
We shall endeavour to safeguard and maintained the confidentiality of your Personal Data. This is further fortified by legal profession privilege and Section 126 of the Evidence Act 1950 which prohibit us from disclosing any privileged communication made by you to us as your advocate and solicitor unless with your express consent.
Kindly take note that certain Personal Data relating to you may be required to be disclosed to third parties, including but not limited to the following:-
- any person to whom we are compelled or required to do so under the law or in relation to any order or judgment of a court, or in response to a competent or government agency;
- any party involved in or related to a legal proceeding (or prospective legal proceeding), for purposes of the legal proceedings;
- government agencies, statutory authorities, industry regulators and other similar authorities;
- our auditors, consultants, accountants, or other financial or professional advisers;
- our contractors or third party service or product providers as may be necessary or appropriate; and
- as otherwise permitted under Malaysian law, including without limitation, the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
We shall keep and process your data in a secure manner. We endeavour, where practicable, to implement the appropriate administrative and security safeguards and procedures in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations to prevent unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data and the accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data.
7. YOUR RIGHTS OF ACCESS AND CORRECTION
If you have any questions regarding this Notice or if you wish to request access to your Personal Data or correct your Personal Data or withdraw your consent or restrict the purposes and methods in which we process your Personal Data, you may send your request in writing to the following address:-
Nothing in this Personal Data Protection Notice shall limit the rights of Tan Chap & Associates under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
In engaging us and/or continuing to engage us and/or having engaged us and/or communicating with us with the view to engaging us, you will be deemed to have consented to allow us to collect, record, hold, store, process and deal with your Personal Data until and unless we receive written notice to the contrary from you.
We shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Personal Data Protection Notice at any time. Your continued communication with us after publication of such modifications, updates or amendments to this Personal Data Protection Notice, with or without notification, constitutes binding acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.